Not an emergency?
24hr Emergency electrical services No callout charges
0800 7311 606
By Eloise Evans on 07/06/2016
An electrical fault was the cause of a fire in Spalding, South Lincolnshire yesterday. At 8.30am, staff from Lincolnshire Free Press and Spalding Guardian noticed smoke escaping from the roof of Spalding’s Abbey Recruitment, and before evacuating they called 999.
Abbey Recruitment and the adjoining Polish Education Centre were the only two premises effected by the blaze, and have been left unable to open for at least two days due to safety inspections and for being left without any electricity at all.
The full extent of the damage is still unknown for the owner of Abbey Recruitment as they are still not allowed to enter the first floor of the property. The owner has said that they will have to wait for the firefighters to let them know when everything will return to normal.
The blaze needed three fire engines and a trip from Western Power to put it out. The firefighters needed to wait for the power to be cut before they could safely put out the fire. Once the power was off they got to work with hose reels and extinguishers, along with taking off some roof tiles to add ventilation the building.
We hold out hope that the property is not too damaged and the businesses can go back to normal in a couple of days. However, this event does highlight the importance of getting regular checks on your electrics – especially in a business. Luckily, both premises were unoccupied at the time of the fire, but imagine if this were to happen in the middle of a busy working day. Electrics are one of the hardest elements of a property to check and maintain as they cannot be seen, but can be the most dangerous if there is a fault. Not only do they spark electrical fires like with Abbey Recruitment, but they can also cause electric shock.
The importance of getting your electrics checked by a registered electrician is extremely high. If you have aged or damaged wiring hidden behind a wall, you are most likely not going to be the best person to discover this. However, registered electricians can, and if there is something that could cause you, your family, your staff or your customers harm, then they can sort it out for you.
If you are worried about any of your business or home electrics, call Mr. Electric on 0800 7311 606 and they will be there for you.
Photo Source: Freepik
Post Source: Spalding Today
Five reasons to choose Mr Electric
- World leading range of energy saving technologies.
- All work carried out is guaranteed to give you peace of mind
- Free no-obligation quotations for every job. We tell you how much a job will cost up front so there are never any nasty surprises
- Fixed pricing policy, no hidden costs and no call out fees. Ever.
- Our highly trained staff can provide comprehensive solutions to any electrical problem, so whatever your electrical need, we will be able to fix the problem.