Electrician in Tamworth Safety Advice
Safety Around The Home
Electricity is part of our lives. We use it from the moment we wake up and throughout the day. As a result, we sometimes forget how powerful and dangerous it can be.
The following list outlines the steps you should take to reduce electrical accidents around the home to help you navigate to these guides. Each tip contains a link our in-depth on the subject.
Tips on how to improve electrical safety at home:
- Make visual checks to your electrics with professional help. Learn more about what to look for here.
- Take great care with your DIY. DIY attempts result in nearly half of all severe electric shocks in the home. This DIY electrical safety guide explains how to avoid electric shocks in the process.
- Remain vigilant in the kitchen. Misuse of kitchen appliances is just one of the many electrical safety no-nos in the home. Learn more here.
- Remember that water and electricity are a deadly mix. The bathroom can be one of the most dangerous rooms in the house when it comes to electrical safety. Read our top bathroom safety tips here.
- Don’t use electrical gardening equipment outdoors until it is dry. More advice for electrical safety in the garden is available here.
- Take the necessary precautions after a flood. If your home has been flooded, there is a high chance the electrics could be damaged. Read more about what to do in this situation here.
- Exercise caution to prevent electrical fires. This guide outlines common ways electrical fires occur in the home and how to avoid them.