Not an emergency?
24hr Emergency electrical services No callout charges
0800 7311 606
By James Mooney on 24/06/2015
On July 1st 2015 new regulations come into effect that all electricians should know about.
BS 7671:2008, the 3rd amendment to the 17th edition of the IET wiring regulations makes changes to the requirements for all installations designed or periodically inspected after that date.
A selection of highlights you should be aware of are:
- Greater fire protection for homes, as all switchgear assembly installations must have enclosures or cabinets made from non-combustible material, which in real terms means steel distribution boards (Chapter 42). This requirement will not come into full effect until 1st January 2016 in order to give manufacturers time to supply suitable equipment.
- Plastic fixings and non-metallic cable ties no longer comply with regulations for cable support in escape routes, this will reduce the likelihood of loose cables from fixings and fastenings melting (Chapter 52)
Five reasons to choose Mr Electric
- World leading range of energy saving technologies.
- All work carried out is guaranteed to give you peace of mind
- Free no-obligation quotations for every job. We tell you how much a job will cost up front so there are never any nasty surprises
- Fixed pricing policy, no hidden costs and no call out fees. Ever.
- Our highly trained staff can provide comprehensive solutions to any electrical problem, so whatever your electrical need, we will be able to fix the problem.