Book Now

Electrical Fire Causes Blaze in Boston

Last week a bungalow caught alight in Boston, leaving fire damage in the living room and roof space and smoke damage to the rest of the house.

The fire was caused by an electrical fault in a hi-fi. The fire service were called in at around 7am on Wednesday 13th July and apparently the bungalow was already “well alight” by the time they got there. Two appliances from Boston, one from Leverton and one from Donington attended the scene. After the fire was out, the spokesman for the Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service commented that, “All persons are accounted for.”

This incident is a reminder to anyone who buys electrical items, to make sure you buy them from a reputable retailer and watch out for any product recalls. If you would like to read more on how unofficial electrical items could be putting you at risk, read our post on counterfeit electrical products. Also, if you would like to double check any product recalls, you can check on the Electrical Safety First website, or you can register your appliances here to let you know if your item has been recalled.

Remember, Mr. Electric urges you to shop safe and is always here if you need advice!

Photo Source: Freepik